Thursday, March 12, 2009

laughter is contagious

Do you ever find something more funny because someone else is also laughing?
A guy sitting across from me on the E train today was twitching to his music.  As it was a relatively empty train, a girl a bench to my right also noticed. Turning towards her, I caught her smiling.  Our eyes matched and we shared knowing smile-nods.  Glancing back at the guy in front of me, his shoulder was still moving to the beat, his lips half parted to reveal as set of yellow buck teeth.  A normal enough, probably nice enough, guy.  Looking back at the girl, she had broken out into and even larger smile-- which inspired me to do the same.  I could barely control my chuckles.  The situation wasn't even that comical, but sharing with my compatriot that moment, that subway train scene, was great.  I felt so inspired that I started typing this post on my bbery on the subway.

No comments: